This conference follows up the second Coastal & Maritime Mediterranean Conference held in Tangier (Morocco) in 2011 planned by the Centre Français du Littoral and Pôle Mer Méditerranée but with a stress on corporation activity and intended for both French-speaking and non French-speaking Mediterranean countries. The management of the meeting in 2015 is conducted in parallel with the host country, Italy.
This three-day Mediterranean Conference comprises two days of conference work including oral presentations and posters separated by one day dedicated to technical visits bearing on important coastal and maritime engineering projects and round tables or workshops.
The goals of this Special Mediterranean Conference are:
- up-to-date knowledge acquisition as far as coastal and maritime engineering in the Mediterranean is concerned;
- allowing exchange of ideas between specialists on concerned subjects;
- promoting comparison of analyses and experience between researchers and entrepreneurs;
- favouring contacts between decision-makers, corporations and researchers;
- presenting new material and techniques, together with the available documents (technical stands);
- diffusing information on pedagogical activities, research and training concerning coastal and maritime engineering around the
- favouring network creation;
- promoting and implementing Mediterranean research projects;
- developing Mediterranean inter-university and inter-corporation collaborations.
Themes of Interest
1. Coastal Risks Management in the Mediterranean: Management of flooding hazards, tsunami risk in the Mediterranean, adaptation policies to climate change.
2. Coastal and Maritime Port Planning: Coastal and port structures: experiment, modeling, design and monitoring in coastal and port engineering; ecological engineering: state of the arts and perspectives, ecological restoration, wave energy production.
3. Sediment Transport, Problems and Solutions: Coastal dynamics, modeling, instrumentation and tools for the treatment of data related to coastal dynamics, monitoring, dredging, sustainable management of sediments.
4. River Sediment Delivery to the Mediterranean Sea: Impact of river basin management, river bed maintenance, recycling of bed sediments.
Workshop 1 - Sea energies: Mediterranean potential
Workshop 2 - Recent developments in maritime hydraulics
This conference is organized by:
- Pôle Mer Méditerranée with its partners: the Centre Français du Littoral association – CFL, the CEREMA-EMF and the French companies concerned with the Mediterranean and the conference topics and
- University of Ferrara with its partners: Consorzio Futuro in Ricerca and Italian companies concerned with the Mediterranean and the conference topics and other international sponsors.
Download the bulletin or visit the official website for more information.
Fee amounts including registration, proceeding, lunches and gala dinner, technical visit, shuttles is € 350,00. These fee amounts will be due before September the 30th 2015, after this date, an additional 20% will be applied. A special registration fee will be offered for the non speakers.