We are delighted to invite you to join us for the RISC-KIT Conference, 5-7 April 2017 at Deltares, Delft, Netherlands.
High-impact storm events have demonstrated the vulnerability of coastal zones in Europe and beyond. These impacts are likely to increase due to predicted climate change and on-going coastal development. In order to reduce impacts, disaster risk reduction (DRR) measures need to be taken, which prevent or mitigate the effects of storm events.
The RISC-KIT project developed the following tools to identify and prioritize the coastal zones which are most at risk:
The RISC-KIT Tools:
- The Storm Impact Database of present and historic socioeconomic and physical data;
- The Coastal Risk Assessment Framework (CRAF) to identify - at the regional scale (100's km) - present and future hot spot areas of coastal risk:
- The Web-based Management Guide offering innovative, cost-effective, ecosystem-based DRR measures;
- Quantitative, high-resolution Hotspot Tool to evaluate the effectiveness of DRR measures in hot spots (with a scale of 10's km);
- Multi-Criteria Analysis Tool (MCA) to assess alternative DRR measures with stakeholders.
The developed tools have been applied to a number of case study sites.
Download: RISC-KIT Conference Provisional Agenda.
Who can participate?:
- Policy Makers: National Ministries, European Commission, NGOs
- Practitioners and professionals working for public and private sectors
- Coastal managers
- Disaster Risk Reduction specialists
- Researchers and engineers
- Partner projects
Please note, participation in the conference is free of change but places are limited. Please register your interest in taking part by emailing email@example.com
For more information and the latest news regarding the conference programme and registration, please visit our website at www.risckit.eu
On behalf of the RISC-KIT Conference organisers, we are looking forward to welcoming you to Delft in April 2017!
Ruth Higgins & Matthijs Gawehn.
RISC-KIT Conference Organising Team.