WP1 - Data intake and review
WP1 will collect and review data and information for all subsequent WPs. From WP1.1 the review of current DRR management policy and historical events (D1.1) will be input into WP4.1 (Development of PMP Measures) and into WP4.4 (Synthesis). In order to condense time, an advance version will be supplied in Milestone 5. D1.2, the synthesis of collected physical, socio-economic, cultural and environmental data at the case study sites, is input into WP4.1 as well. The collected data is stored in a central database (D1.3) which is of direct input into the application of developed tools at the case study sites in WP5.1 and WP5.3.
- Task 1.1 - Review of DRR plans and analysis of historical events
- Task 1.2 - Data collectionat the case study sites
- Task 1.3 - Database development and WebGIS publication
WP2 - Vulnerability and risk assessment
WP2 will develop D2.3 Coastal Risk Assessment Framework (CRAF) at the regional scale, based on subcomponent for the Hazards (D2.1) and the Vulnerability (D2.2). This tool will be applied in in the case study sites in WP5.1. In order to condense time, advance (beta) versions of the tools will be supplied to the case study site partners through Milestone 7. The vulnerability library (M3) is input into WP3.3 (Development of the Bayesian Tool).
- Task 2.1 - Coastal Hazard Assessment module
- Task 2.2 - Coastal Vulnerability Indicators
- Task 2.3 - Coastal Risk Assessment Framework (CRAF)
WP3 - Development of IO-EWES
WP3 will develop a detailed Early Warning System combined with a Bayesian Decision Support System (EWS/DSS), D3.1 and D3.3, with a component of the improvement of models in D3.2. All these tools (with beta release M4) will be used in WP5.2 (Setup of EWS/DSS) on the case study sites and used in WP5.3 in the testing of scenarios and proposed DRR plans (which come from D4.1, see below). The Deliverables will be implemented in WP5.4 in operational models.
- Task 3.1 - Development of coastal FEWS IT infrastructure
- Task 3.2 - Improvement of physical processes in models
- Task 3.3 - Development Bayesian Decision Support System
WP4 - New management and policy approaches
WP4 will develop potential prevention, mitigation and preparedness measures, and compile them into site-specific DRR plans, which are input into WP5.3 for testing on the case study sites. On the basis of this testing, D4.2 will evaluate the DRR plans, deliver a D4.3 web-based management guide and provide policy recommendations in D4.4.
- Task 4.1 - Development of DRR measures and DRR plans
- Task 4.2 - Evaluate DRR plans for each case study site
- Task 4.3 - Web-based management guide for DRR plans
- Task 4.4 - Synthesis Report
WP5 - Application at case study sites
WP5 will use input from D1.3, D2.3, D3.1/2/3 and D4.1 to implement the CRAF and EWS tools on site (WP5.1 and WP5.2), and test them against DRR plans proposed in WP5.3. The results of these tests will be fed back to WP4.2 to evaluate the effectiveness and acceptance of the DRR plans.
- Task 5.1 - CRAF tool application to study sites
- Task 5.2 - Setup of EWS/DSS
- Task 5.3 - Testing scenarios and proposed DRR plans
- Task 5.4 - Operational model implementation
WP6 - Dissemination and knowledge transfer
WP6 will take care of all dissemination activities with an important phase of stakeholder identification in WP6.1 and WP6.3 where develop methods tools and approaches will be used in Capacity Building.
- Task 6.1 - End-users and Stakeholder identification
- Task 6.2 - Dissemination Plan and Products
- Task 6.3 - Capacity Building on coastal zone resilience
WP7 - Project management
WP7 Will take care of the efficient Management and Coordination of the Consortium and the different WPs.
- Task 7.1 - Consortium management
- Task 7.2 - Financial & administrative management and reporting
- Task 7.3 - Communication with EC and external meetings
- Task 7.4 - Internal communication and project meetings